Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tornados And Whirl Winds.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Excellent Pics in my opinion. :thumbsup:
We don't have Tornados here,even so I find them beautiful to look at but so Deadly.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/728352/best_of_tornados/

WARNING This Video is Family Friendly. Viewing others at this Web Site is your choice,entirely.Some are not Family Friendly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

It's like so much of nature - great to look at but only from afar. Out of all of her furies, it's the earthquake that scares me the most - no warning and no where to go.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

I followed the link, but the video was not there....

I took pictures of a tornado back in '84. The City of Denver now has an airport where that tornado hit. And I agree with Mara, earthquakes scare me more. At least you know a tornado will come with bad weather. A quake can come at anytime.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

The link is still alive. I found the Pics striking,and while I said Tornado's are Deadly, I also realize there are far worse Disasters,as you and 'MaraM' mentioned. Indeed,Earthquakes,Vocanic Eruptions,Tidal Waves,Floods,Fires, etc can be more Deadly with a greater loss of Human and Animal Life. :thumbsup:

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Personally I find being caught in high winds without adequate shelter one of the most scary things you can encounter. We are not prone to tornados normally, but the recent spell of lousy weather caused a series of them in one part of the country and about 6 small coastal towns sustained major damage. Back in the '60s I was living near that area when a tornado went through less than a mile from my place. WOW. It was a Saturday night and I was working part time as a barman in a country pub. We had not long closed and were in the lounge relaxing and watching the sky through the transparent roof - continuous lightning was extremely spectacular. About 30 minutes later there was a continuous banging on the door and I let one of my mates in. He had been driving home in his '52 Dodge, yank tanks we called them, (modern cars are designed to fold up, but give me solid metal any day), when the tornado ripped a large hay barn out of the ground, concrete foundations and all, and bowled him sideways into a paddock. He was very lucky as he had been thrown down under the dashboard and the roof was crunched down below the level of the seats. It was interesting to watch the bruises come out over his whole body over the next few days, he was a real rainbow. The tornado went over a house and it literally exploded with the higher pressure inside.

Another house that was hit had the doors sucked inside out and a massive tree was thrown through the side right across the bed. The owners were away on their honeymoon so were very lucky. Live every day as though it was your last is so very true - you just never know .

As we are on the 'Ring of Fire', earthquakes are a common occurrence. Not too many big ones fortunately. Our capitol city is built right over a major fault line and I shudder to think what is going to happen to that some day.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:44 AM

Finally saw the video, great pics! :thumbsup: The first few times I went to the link, the video went straight to the ads at the end. Never would show anything else. :flowers:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users