Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freeze Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ddude58

Ddude58

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hi I am posting this for a friend who is running windows 98se. I don't know any of the specs for this pc. When he logs into his isp his pc freezes up once it says welcome on aol. Have to shut down completley because the mouse won't even move. This is as far as he can go . Any suggestions on what could be causing this? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

It's always possible that he's got some bad memory. Or possibly the system is overloaded and just needs more memory. Memtest 86+ can be burned to a disk and used to check the memory for errors. I use it a lot to test memory. If the memory turns out OK, then perhaps the AOL software needs reloaded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users