Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Accounts & Fast User Switching

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Josho

Josho

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:36 AM

Hello,

I got some tips a couple of months ago on tweaking your pc. I did alot of tweaks and guess what? Silly me I didnt back up the REGISTRY!!!!! I also installed Windows Transformation Pack 6.

This is what happens when I try to go to Control Panel> User Accounts, and try to click the 3 tabs under "Learn About" . automation server cant create object Now these tabs have crosses next to them So I must of disabled a service or something?

I can create accounts. but I gotta log out, and log in other one. I cant quickly switch over while having 2 or 3 accounts logged in at the same time. When I try to switch users, it doesn't do it.

Please help!

Thanks.

Edited by Josho, 20 July 2007 - 03:37 AM.

Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:43 AM

I believe that if the Terminal Service isn't started then fast user switching isn't available.

To start the Terminal Service, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools and click on Services. Right click on Terminal Service and select Properties. Make sure the startup type is set to Automatic.

Also, see this Microsoft article on fast user switiching.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users