Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Housecall 6.5 Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperQuad

SuperQuad

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

Just ran a scan with TrendMicro HouseCall, It went through Step 1, Step 2 (which took forever) and now it says its on Step 3, I scrolled down and clicked on the Clean now button which then prompted a box that said "For some infections "Delete" was selected, This will delete the infected file, important data may be lost so i click ok and nothing happens have done this a few times, Does anyone know if that is all i do or im i waiting for something else???? Please help if anyone has done this before

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

Normally for me, housecall takes about 2 hours, and deletes files in seconds.

My suggestion would be to try a different scanner, F Secure , however it only runs in internet explorer.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 SuperQuad

SuperQuad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

Normally for me, housecall takes about 2 hours, and deletes files in seconds.

My suggestion would be to try a different scanner, F Secure , however it only runs in internet explorer.

Ok just got done with the housecall and it told me that one grayware file they could not clean up and the option link would not work to manually try to clean it up said "error on page" anyways guess im done with that. Tried the F-secure link you provided and when i try to run the scan it gives me, I have to run activeX control....ect.. so is this ok or I'm i going to allow more problems for my computer man this is frustrating.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:45 AM

Allow the active X, it is needed to run the scanner, and has never messed up any computer that I have run it on.

#5 SuperQuad

SuperQuad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:26 AM

Allow the active X, it is needed to run the scanner, and has never messed up any computer that I have run it on.

Ok running the F-secure as i write this, I have Avast antivirus on my computer had it before i started downloading all these security downloads today, my question is are the two going to cause a conflict on my PC Avast/F-secure ect... since im not supposed to have two antivirus programs running at the same time or is that not the case? If so just delete one of them i would assume.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:29 AM

No, no conflicts will be caused, as housecall and the other online scanners like f secure, bitdefender, etc. only run when you tell them to. they add no actual program to the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users