Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus(s) On My Comp, Not Sure Where To Start To Get Rid Of Them.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuperQuad

SuperQuad

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

About 2 months ago my Anitvirus software went crazy caught like a dozen or more alerts and from that day on have had a bunch of annoying problems. I get random popups everytime i try to navigate the net, I get like a dozen at a time then it stops for awhile and a couple hours later starts again. I randomley get news reports or music that starts up playing on my speakers for no reason at all and randomley stops when it feels like it. I am always having to compact my disk space because i get popups saying my computer is running slow and i need to clear some space up. Anyone have any clue what this is and how to fix the problem let me know thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

I would recommend that you start with the Preparation guide for posting a hijack this log, if that does not help then post the hijack this log.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 SuperQuad

SuperQuad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

I would recommend that you start with the Preparation guide for posting a hijack this log, if that does not help then post the hijack this log.

Ok ran the whole Preparation guide for posting hijack log, still having popup problems just not as bad. Greyware still on my computer that Housecall could not get rid of so what i did i created a new topic and put the Hijackthis log in it now the the topic has a "no new post*" on it so i'm not sure if im ever going to get this resolved. If anyone can help me out here that would be great thanks.

Edited by SuperQuad, 20 July 2007 - 03:50 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

SuperQuad's HJT post is in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry573600

If the Hijack This Team has NOT replied in 5 days after you posted your log, see info in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users