Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help With My Webcam And Audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lissa7ryder

lissa7ryder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

I have a dynex webcam-modeldx-dtcam. The problem that I am having is that the cam works-but I get no picture-the cam picture window is black. I have contacted the geek squad and hp and I downloaded patches and drivers to fix any compatibility issues with vista. And guess what-it still doesn't work-Of course I can go buy a new cam-but if I can get this one working that would be better and easier! Ok, so for the audio- when I listen to music on my space or websites, etc... the audio is sooooo choppy; however when I play a cd or something the audio is great! Any ideas!? Thanks-I hope to hear from any and/or all of you! Melissa

MOD EDIT: Removed members email address in order to protect member. To contact lissa7ryder, please send her a PM on these forums. ~ stevealmighty

Edited by stevealmighty, 19 July 2007 - 07:09 PM.

MELISSA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

You could have that privacy shield thing on your webcam. Never know, I know that happened to me..

Choppy sound could be because your internet might not be fast enough to stream it faster than you can play it. Which would be at 1x speed. Or, your internet is TOO fast for their servers which could result in your connection asking for TOO much information which would make it slow. That happens with online games especially - lag, but its unlikely.

your CD audio would be great because its not being streamed off some internet site, its being played directly from your CD without any/much delay or interruptions.

Your webcam problem also could be because your brightness, contrast, exposure, or any settings may be down to 0. Try opening up your webcam's driver/advanced settings and mess with those.

~Sp0nge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users