Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Must Be Hard Being A Kid ...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Just thought I'd pass on some gentle humour with children and their understanding of proverbs. Apparently a teacher gave each child in her grade one class a list of the first half of the proverb and asked them to come up with the rest.

True or not, hope they make you smile as kids are always a huge source of humour for me - love them! :thumbsup:

Better to be safe than....... Punch a 5th grader.

Strike while the....... Bug is close

It's always darkest before....... Daylight savings time

Never underestimate the power of....... Termites

You can lead a horse to water but ...........How?

Don't bite the hand that....... Looks dirty

No news is....... Impossible

A miss is as good as a....... Mr.

You can't teach an old dog....... math

If you lie down with dogs, you....... Will stink in the morning

A penny saved is....... Not much

Children should be seen and not....... Spanked or grounded

If at first you don't succeed....... Get new batteries

When the blind lead the blind....... Get out of the way

There is no fool like....... Aunt Edie

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.
Cry and....... you have to blow your nose.

But my very favourite is a wise child's idea of how to maintain a happy marriage ...

"Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck.

Ricky, age 10
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

hehe I read those before, lovely. I adore the way childrens thoughts flow. I can remember the silly things like those that I used to say, and my niece keeps coming up with them too...yay!
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

My GD (age 7 now) asked me why I was so tall (6'4" & near 200#'s almost).

I said because I was fed well as a kid. And ate it all too!

She asked me - Will I get that big?

I said maybe.... We never know for sure until one is a grownup.

She said, I don't want to be as big as you!

And then she said: No more pizza for me!

We were enjoying a simple meal at another Fast Food place at the time....
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

KoanYorel, you and are old enough to remember the Art Linkletter show and his interview section call "kids say the darndest things", some of those are true classics. I have always enjoyed the lack of political correctness that children have when it comes time for them to express their feeling about things.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

One day when my son was about 9 years old, (he is 14 now) I had been cleaning and was complaining about having to do the dishes over and over again. Well, you can imagine my surprise when he come out and said to me... " Don't worry Mommy, someday you will be dead and you won't have to do dishes anymore!"

Pretty funny stuff :flowers:

:thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

Some of those are pretty good actually. How a kid's mind works, is that they take things literally and haven't yet learned how to divine deeper meanings. Therefore, all their answers are basic and simple, as observed in those statements.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#7 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

I can remember riding in cars with metal dashboards , standing up in the back of dads pickup ,while going down the road, playing outside from morning till afternoon with out ever seeing my parents and them not having to worry about it. ("they'll come in when they're hungry",:trumpet:) Cartoons (except the Flinstones) were only on Sat Mornings, never needing a house key 'cause the doors was never locked , even if nobody was home. Knowing you wasn't really in trouble when they yelled at you unless they used "all three names" :flowers: and then you knew they was going to "kill" you.:thumbsup: I kinda feel sorry for kids today..........

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

"kids say the darndest things", Was a great show. Now we just have junk on tv just about...

#9 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Some of these made me laugh. I can't wait for my little one to start talking! :thumbsup:

#10 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

"The Age of Innocence" Indeed a special time in ones life.

#11 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

Loved the special moments that others shared with us here - thank you so much!

Children are such incredible wee people and wouldn't it be lovely if all adults could remember well being so young and innocent - come to think about it, maybe that's what makes a great parent - being able to honestly relate to the little ones whether it's good or bad stuff that's zipping around in their world each day.

And wow, can I ever relate to the standing up in a car, never have the door to our home locked at any time and being turned 'free' each morning to wander through the entire neighbourhood including the rather large forest with only the 'Be home for dinner!' trailing me out the door.

And I literally burst out laughing reading 'all three names used - you're in trouble now'! For I did it with our girls and they now do it with their own children - and I haven't a doubt in the world, they too will use it one day with their own little ones.

Here's a couple about wee ones in Church ...

A little boy was in a relative's wedding and as he was coming down the aisle he would take two steps, stop, and turn to the crowd (alternating
between bride's side and groom's side), put his hands up like claws and roar.

The little boy was getting distressed from all the
Laughter in the crowd and was also near tears by the time he reached the pulpit.

When asked what he thought he was doing, the child sniffed and said, "I was being the Ring
Bear."

and ...

One Sunday in a Midwest city a young child was "acting up" during the morning worship hour. The parents did their best to maintain some sense of
order in the pew but were losing the battle and finally the father picked the little fellow up and walked sternly up the aisle on his way out.

Just before reaching the safety of the foyer the little one called loudly to the congregation, "Pray for me! Pray for me!"

Our own little girls rarely 'acted up' (using their full 3 names darn near always worked - grin!) but if one started crying, I'd hand her one of those teeny weeny glass aspirin bottles to catch her tears in. Works without fail - they get so interested in trying to catch the tears they forget why they were crying!

Edited by MaraM, 20 July 2007 - 06:27 PM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#12 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

oh Mara that "catching the tears" is just darling! I must try it with my nephew as he gets older!! hehe
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#13 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:02 AM

No One I too can certainly relate to everything in your post, they were good times weren't they?!! :thumbsup:

When my boys were little they loved to go across the street and visit with the lady who lived there ( a distant relative) and drink coffee with her. Gussie was great with the boys and always enjoyed having them around. The youngest one happened to be visiting on a day very close to Easter and Gussie had told him the story of how Jesus was crucified. When she had finished he looked up at her very seriously and said "Gussie, why didn't someone call the cops?!" Ahh!! the innocents of childhood!! Too soon gone.
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users