Not sure if this will help.
Below are the instructions I got with a problem with an update for Net Framework, I was thinking that you could use the Microsoft's window cleanup utility to clean your problem download and than maybe you can re-download.
Have you gone to Microsoft's update and click on custom and try unchecking the updates,or are they like mine was already downloaded and wanting to install,but won't? I think in that case you could try the cleanup utility. Also you could go to Microsoft's support and look up solutions for your update or email them, I hear the security update support is free,but maybe if you do by phone you might have to pay for the phone call.
Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
1. Visit: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Save the file to your Desktop.
3. Install this tool on your computer.
Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate any .NET Framework software and remove it.
3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.
For more information, please refer to:
Title: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 and the update for it. It gave addresses to update which maybe you could go to Microsoft's update.
Forever Ain't so long anymore