Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Install Xp With 000007b Error After Dban

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikeinstlouis

mikeinstlouis

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Hello and thanks for reading.

I have a ViewSonic tablet laptop that had the unfortunate experience of having a keylogger type worm installed onto it, so that my "friend" was able to spy on all of my emails. I figured the best approach would be to clean the hard drive with DBAN. This worked fine on my desk top...and appeared to work well on my laptop as well.

The problem now is that when I try to reinstall the recovery disks for the laptop and even the windows XP that I use for my laptop, I get the same error: (blue screen)

A problem has been tetected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...blah blah blah.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF99E640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

My laptop does not have a cd player, but I am using an addonics peripheral CD player.

The error occurs after the recover disks boot up, the computer says to push R for display system recovery options. I do so and I see the appropate "starting systems recovery" scroll at the bottom of the screen.

After that, I see the error.

I also tried to use my desktop windows xp installation disk instead of my laptop recovery disks....same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike in St. Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:57 AM

See the following Microsoft article, which may be relevant to your problem.

"STOP 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error message when you start your computer from a WinPE CD-ROM or from a Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM by using a USB CD-ROM device
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

Sometimes this problem can be worked around with the windows xp boot floppys, you can obtain them from Microsoft™ Please note that there are different boot floppy sets for different versions of XP.

If you wish to use the restore disk, obtain a windows 98 or me boot floppy. You will need to FDISK and FORMAT the hard drive and then boot from the recovery CD.

EDIT You must enable large disk support and fat32 format.

Edited by oldf@rt, 20 July 2007 - 01:32 AM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users