Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkini Wireless G+ Mimo Usb Adapter


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quazi

quazi

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:54 AM

I'm a new member that did search the forum to hopefully find some answers before posting. I have walked away with a few things to try but none seem directly related to my issue.

So here it is:

Background - I recently picked up Rogers Portable internet (WIMAX), Hooked up to one of my PC's worked great. I picked up a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO router and a Belkin G+ MIMO usb adapter. so I could get my personal machine hooked up to a home network.

My first issue started with the router. With the modem pluged straight into the one PC I was getting 1.5Mbs on average down and 256kbs up ( as advertised) once i put the Router in the middle my speeds dropped to on average 120kbs down and 200 kbs up.

After, as my wife put it, "having week long affair with the computer", I stumble apon the fix - In the device manager for my network card I changed the "speed/duplex" setting from auto to 10mbs/half duplex.

Average speed 1.6 mbs down and 260 up --> Kick ass

Now on to my current issue. My PC in the back of the house connected with the Belkin USB adapter. I can see the connection, I can surf the web. but my speeds are at best 250 kbs down and 200 up.

I've updated the drivers for the belkin, I've done the whole ipconfig / release - renew - flushdns routine.

I've unistalled and reinstalled the belkin and it's supporting software.

I've reset the router.

I've updated the firmware for the router.

But nothing.

The connection is strong and on face value the network seems to be running smoothly. I am truely stumped.

I'm ready to try anything. So please let's hear your thought and sugestions. I'm all ears.

P.S. The router and usb are in working order - I took them both in to work early on to make sure they weren't faulty. and the router handled 3 wireless laptops plus the MIMO usb and four hardwired PC's with out and issues. (All plug and play the way it should be)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 Snapper

Snapper

  • Members
  • 550 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Location:Newfoundland
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

benchmark it here first>>> www.speedtest.net
Google...Google.....browse..read




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users