Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bestbunch

bestbunch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:55 AM

Okay, here it is, in a nutshell....

I have not had any audio for over 6 weeks. Computer is still under warranty with Dell. Had to do a lot of testing/checking myself at first. They sent new speakers; didn't solve it. They sent a techie to install a new sound card....didn't solve it either. Techie told me that I had a couple of choices; I went with the 'least amount of time' one....bought an extra external hard drive (system has room for it) and ran the disk for the sound card again...still nothing.

System cannot detect the sound card.

Now Dell is telling me that I'll have to back EVERYTHING up, uninstall, and re-install....

Do I REALLY have to do that???

I'm so tired of working on this thing that I could just scream!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

Can you please provide us with some more information on your computer.

Operating System
Motherboard
Sound Card
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users