Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cs Source Rates Question.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:10 AM

I have a 1mb connection or a 1.5mb not really sure(dsl). what should my rates be in CS source? right now i have it set to rate 25000, cl_updaterate 100 and cl_cmdate 100, i get 0-20 choke, avg 8 choke(0-2 with no fire fights going on).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

It really depends on what server you're connected to. If it's one in Germany it's gonna be much slower (higher ping) than one in the same city as you.

#3 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

I play on 20 different servers, all in the US lol.

#4 Cal State

Cal State

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:18 AM

As far as I know, rate 25000 is for LAN only, but some say it works for them.

Try rate 20000.

For cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate you will have to experiment with the values, this is what everyone does. So play around with it. For cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate, start low like around 40.

Then go to your favorite server, run around a bit and see the difference. If you choke, subtract it by 5, if problem continues, keep subtracting by 5. Or try a higher value like 50, 60, 70, 80, and so on to see if your choke improves. Keep playing with the numbers and you will probably get it fixed, or not.

It really depends on what server you're connected to. If it's one in Germany it's gonna be much slower (higher ping) than one in the same city as you.

That is true. It also depends on the person's system who is hosting the server and how well his/her system can handle the server. They may run dedicated servers that will most likely cause you to choke especially there internet connection. They will need a connection that can support high upload rates.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users