Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bandwidth Manager For Vista?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GameSky

GameSky

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Hi...

I wanted to know if there are some bandwidth management software or controller for Windows Vista.

My situation is:-
- I've an EDGE connection shared among few friends, since the ADSL coverage doesn't covers this area, yet.
- And we just use it like 2~3 ppl...for normal web surfing, msn..etc
- But there's someone here just keep emule-ing/bt...but he doesn't admit it

I've tried few bandwidth manager software...:-
- I've tried SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager but it seems doesn't work with Vista.
- Tried NetLimiter...but it seems ...pretty useless :S...can't even limit or manage.
- Tried Bandwidth Controller...I can use it at first, but I've uninstalled it because it causes some errors...and when I want to re-install it again...it failed to install the drivers...:-
Creating client folder "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client"...successful.

Creating server folder "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Server"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\Bandwidth Controller.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client\Bandwidth Controller.exe"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\help.chm" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client\help.chm"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\release notes.txt" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client\release notes.txt"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\Uninstall.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client\Uninstall.exe"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\bcserver.service" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Server\bcserver.service"...successful.

Copying "C:\Users\GameSky\AppData\Local\Temp\Uninstall.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Server\Uninstall.exe"...successful.

Creating start menu folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise"...successful.

Creating start menu shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise Client.lnk"...successful.

Creating start menu shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise\Help.lnk"...successful.

Creating start menu shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise\Release notes.lnk"...successful.

Creating start menu shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise\Uninstall.lnk"...successful.

Creating desktop shortcut "C:\Users\GameSky\Desktop\Bandwidth Controller Enterprise.lnk"...successful.

Installing kernel component...failed.  Error codes: 2, 2, 0, "DeleteFile()

Really need help soon...thanks!

Edited by GameSky, 19 July 2007 - 02:09 AM.

Visit My DA : CLICK!!!
Latest Deviation: Alyssa
Current Greetings: Wanted to find me? Circle a neko 7 times and I'm right behind you >_<...
Current Mood: Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users