Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Messenger Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LadyGreenEyes

LadyGreenEyes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

I have a very recent issue with the Yahoo Mesenger program. Up till the last couple of weeks, it was working perfectly. recently, I am suddenly unable to share pictures or other files. The pics stay all "pixelly", and other files do not send or receive correctly. I have tried reinstalling the program, using several older versions, all to no avail. I also followed the advice of Yahoo (after all other options failed), and tried manually removing the program (as opposed to using the "add/remove" function - no idea why this would matter..., and checked to be sure that I have the latest Java, flash media, and windows scripting. Then I reloaded (again...) the latest Yahoo Messenger, which supposedly fixes this issue. never mind that I already had the same version, and it was fins up till now... In any case, nothing has worked, and I have very little faith that Yahoo will offer any other solution than asking me to allow them access to my system, as though there is an issue there. That is what they did over their games not working for several months, and I did not allow them access, and mysteriously, the problem was resolved anyway. IOW, it was Yahoo, not me. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can check to fix this issue? For the record, I did check my antivirus program, to be sure that the program was not blocking YM, which it is not. Besides, the settings there have been the same for ages, and it was working. Any help here is most appreciated!!

Moderator Edit: Edited BBCode tags that were left open. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 19 July 2007 - 05:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hi LadyGreenEyes and welcome to bleeping computer.

When you uninstalled the messenger did you close all other applications before using the add/remove function?

What have you used to scan for infections?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

"I am suddenly unable to share pictures or other files. The pics stay all "pixelly", and other files do not send or receive correctly."

What kind of picture file types are you trying to send? If you send them, are they received by other people (more than one person).
What other files have you attempted to send, and precisely what happens? Does Yahoo consistently prevent your sending a certain file type? Is what happens when received consistent with any file type or just some file types?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 brianbell

brianbell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

I ma having the EXACT same issue. I dont have an answer but you are not alone. PLEASE let me know if you find an answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users