Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your New Car Is Ready For Pickup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

At 19 very expensive feet long -- almost 4 1/2 feet longer than a Honda Civic, say, and nearly as wide as a Hummer H2 -- the Phantom moves down the road like a proud behemoth, its chromed rims throwing light at the pedestrians.

Bloomberg

Mileage....not green
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23874.shtml

More Photos

First US-Bound Rolls-Royce Phantom Convertible Sells For $2 Million... and it wasn't me !!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:54 AM

2 million and all it can do is get you down the road...Poor gas mileage.

One word :"Ugly"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

2 million and all it can do is get you down the road...Poor gas mileage.

One word :"Ugly"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this is true here as well. Here is a classic hand built automobile that will probably out last any current production vehicle made today.

I would also add that taste is not only what is found in ones mouth. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

A British couple took their Rolls on an African vacation when it had difficulties. They called RR, who flew out a repair crew that fixed the problem.
Several months later, expecting a bill for the service but not receiving one, the husband called Rolls and explained what had happened and asked how much the bill would be.
The calm voice on the other end of the phone replied, "There will be no charge, Sir." After a pause, the voice added, "Rolls don't break down."
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

John, I love it! We had a RR once, well we had it on occassion. My father was a chauffuer and their cars were considered our cars, loved being driven around in it :thumbsup: :flowers:

I do like that car, it's a very handsome ride. Lovely interior too. Ohhh to be rich eh? But then...would I have the friends I do if I were rich and owned a RR? haha!
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Uh,

I'd still be your friend if you were really rich.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

They always have, and always will be, a manufacturer of the highest calibre. Sure they come with an appropriate price tag, but if you feel the need to surround yourself with excellence, you hand over the cash
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#8 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

I am not impressed with the rear of it.To me it looks like it's been hit up the Butt, and and from this view looks like the trunk is full of bricks. If I have the moola,I wouldn't be driving one of them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4326-10863-6578094...tml?tag=ss_thmb

#9 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

Aww JohnWho thanks...*hides my money* haha

Yes the rear end is slightly ugly...but looks kinda muscular... that's just my psycho babble kicking in
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

They always have, and always will be, a manufacturer of the highest calibre. Sure they come with an appropriate price tag, but if you feel the need to surround yourself with excellence, you hand over the cash

For two million I can turn any car into something even more top of the line than that.

My goodness for 5k I could do a lot to a car.

#11 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

Engineering and design courses in your future, CGM? Who knows, we may someday all be driving one created by you - and we'll all want a deduction in the cost, of course! :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users