Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Run Slow?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluesky113

bluesky113

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

I've been having problems with my computer slowing down lately, Here's the situation... I haven't installed or downloaded any new data for a long time, so I'm assuming it's not a virus, and Ad-aware didn't detect any spyware on my hard drive. The programs I use just seem to be running slower for no apparent reason. When I checked Task Manager, there were no unknown programs running, but cpu usage was very low, less than 10%, even when I had 4 or 5 programs running simultaneously. It's almost as if something has put a cap on cpu usage.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Hi bluesky113, and welcome to bleeping computer.

Have you done the usual maintenance, defrag the hdd, clean out the dust bunnies, and run a scan with something other that Ad-aware?

How much RAM do you have, how large is your hdd, and how much free space do you have on the hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users