Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ending A Process?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noaim

noaim

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

well ive come to my second major vista bug I think. once in awhile yahoo messenger hangs up and I simply want to just end its process. keep in mind the program is closed and the process still exists in the process list in task manager. I click end process and absolutely NOTHING happens it keeps running it never ends. to top that off if I keep clciking on yahoo it will open add another process to the task manager and I can close it and open it and repeat so ive had up to 15 yahoo messenger processes running at the same time without being able to end any of them.

is there a fix for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

Is this an SBC/Yahoo thing - or just the Yahoo itself? Actually, I'd suggest just removing the Yahoo stuff and reinstalling it with a freshly downloaded Vista compatible version (if you absolutely must use the Yahoo.

If it's also the SBC/Yahoo stuff, I'd suggest calling them and asking them to help you setup a manual network connection. This will free you from the need to use their software to connect.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 noaim

noaim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

Is this an SBC/Yahoo thing - or just the Yahoo itself? Actually, I'd suggest just removing the Yahoo stuff and reinstalling it with a freshly downloaded Vista compatible version (if you absolutely must use the Yahoo.

If it's also the SBC/Yahoo stuff, I'd suggest calling them and asking them to help you setup a manual network connection. This will free you from the need to use their software to connect.

its stupid yahoo messenger I dont even really use it I just used it as a example I cant end any process none of the processes ever end when I hit end process....

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:30 AM

I'd suggest an online scan to determine if you're infected (in case something has evaded your current protection). Try this free scan with Internet Explorer: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/sandbox...s%2Fdefault.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users