Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anybody Have Any Issues With Kb927891?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

I've got a few updates hidden on Windows Update that are reliability updates that are for issues I'm not having, but this one:

Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Download size: 1.2 MB , 5 minutes
This is a reliability update. This update resolves an issue in the Windows Installer (MSI) that
can affect performance during software updates. After you install this item, you may have to
restart your computer.

...I was recently told I should install as a precaution for future problems. It seems to be the opinion on this board that it's better not to install these reliability updates unless you're having the issue because they could end up just causing a problem you weren't having in the first place, but I'm wondering if his one is the exception to the rule?

And if so, anybody know of any issues anyone had with it after they installed it?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by bloomcounty, 17 July 2007 - 04:41 PM.

My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users