Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Recycle Bin Problem - Suspect Infected By Virus Or Spyware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saltare11o

saltare11o

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Hi, I am new to this website so I am not sure I am doing things correctly...anyway, here I go:

I have a Toshiba laptop, intel core 2, windows home xp, service pack 2 etc...it is fairly new, got it last christmas, so have had it less than a year.
generally it is fine (except for a bit of overheating i think, but isn't that natural for core 2 processors?), but lately it has been exhibiting some strange behaviour.
the problem is basically connected with the recycle bin (i think). when the bin is full and i open it and choose 'empty recycle bin' from the menu on the left, the bin empties (afterwards the bin appears as empty), but a couple of items are always left lingering in the explorer menu bit - kind of like 'ghost' icons...these are not there anymore when i re-open the recycle bin, but on emptying they don't seem to go away. what is more, after this happens, it is quite often that i get a message that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close....and then after that straight away something about dr watson debugger needing to close as well, and then the computer completely freezes...i then have to go to the task manager to kill the dr watson process to get it working again....
i am pretty sure that this behaviour is due to some kind of virus or spyware, but i have had no luck in detecting or deleting it.

i have mcafee virusscan which i update daily and i have done a scan with that. i have also scanned with adaware and spybot. i used stinger, nothing there. i did the online trend micro scan and it detected a few things and supposedly disinfected them but i am still having the same problem. the online panda active scan also detected a virus (generic trojan) which it supposedly cleaned, and also 21 more spyware that it could not disinfect.

here are the panda active scan results:

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adtech Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.adtech.de/]
Spyware:Cookie/NewMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.anm.co.uk/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.bs.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstNet Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.burstnet.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.overture.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.perf.overture.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.trafficmp.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Xiti Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.xiti.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Yadro Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[.yadro.ru/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Falkag Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[as1.falkag.de/]
Spyware:Cookie/web-stat Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\llkmfxkp.default\cookies.txt[www.web-stat.com/ENGLISH/CGI-BIN/]

i also tried the bit defender free edition and that also detected some kind of malware that it moved to the quarantine. here is the report from bitdefender:

//-----------------------------------------------------------------
//
// Product: BitDefender 8 Free Edition
// Version: 8.0
//
// Created on: 17/07/2007 21:49:32
//
//-----------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics

Scan path : C:\
D:\
Folders : 3987
Files : 233660
Archives : 6847
Packed files : 11456
Identified viruses : 1
Infected files : 1
Warnings : 0
Suspect files : 1
Disinfected files : 0
Deleted files : 0
Copied files : 0
Moved files : 1
Renamed files : 0
I/O errors : 29
Scan time : 00:31:01
Scan speed (files/sec) : 125

Virus definitions : 672631
Scan plugins : 14
Archive plugins : 38
Unpack plugins : 6
Mail plugins : 6
System plugins : 1

Scan options

Detection
[X] Scan boot sectors
[X] Scan archives
[X] Scan packed files
[X] Scan email

File mask
[ ] Programs
[X] All files
[ ] User defined extensions:
[ ] Exclude extensions: ;

Action

Infected objects
[ ] Ignore
[X] Disinfect
[ ] Delete
[ ] Copy to quarantine
[ ] Move to quarantine
[ ] Rename
[ ] Prompt user

Second action
[ ] Ignore
[ ] Delete
[ ] Copy to quarantine
[X] Move to quarantine
[ ] Rename
[ ] Prompt user

Scan options
[X] Enable warnings
[X] Enable heuristics
[ ] Show all files in log
[X] Report file: vscan.log
[ ] Append to existing report

Summary:

C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\PC Fixes\FixO.exe=>(ZIP Sfx o)=>FixO/fixO.bat Suspect BehavesLike:Trojan.StartPage
C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\My Documents\PC Fixes\FixO.exe=>(ZIP Sfx o)=>FixO/fixO.bat Disinfection failed
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1D66B0B6-AF06-40DB-BDC4-5E827C43D6E6}\RP3\A0000160.dll Infected Generic.Malware.SIMDWYNVdprn.D9407F4E
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1D66B0B6-AF06-40DB-BDC4-5E827C43D6E6}\RP3\A0000160.dll Disinfection failed
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1D66B0B6-AF06-40DB-BDC4-5E827C43D6E6}\RP3\A0000160.dll Moved

i am still having the problem though and i don't know what to do!!

please help!!

finally here is the hijackthis log, if that helps:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 22:20:56, on 17/07/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\psqltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\DiscWizardMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Virgin Net Broadband\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdnagent.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender8\bdmcon.exe
c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender8\bdlite.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: dsWebAllowBHO Class - {2F85D76C-0569-466F-A488-493E6BD0E955} - C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\dsWebAllow.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Search Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded /nodetect
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVRotateSysTray] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsysrot.dll,Enable
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSQLLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\launcher.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiscWizardMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\DiscWizardMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\TimounterMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Net Broadband\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdmcon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDNewsAgent] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdnagent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1155292552671
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{820162C4-5E0E-4D6A-9A23-132F0D65FC07}: NameServer = 147.102.5.2,147.102.222.210,147.102.34.220
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C5BC303A-5B29-455B-A03C-E69EBEABDF1B}: NameServer = 194.168.4.100 194.168.8.100
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Softwin - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--
End of file - 10533 bytes

thanks, looking forward to your answer....

angela

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

Hello saltare11o,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer :flowers:

Sorry about the delay.:thumbsup: If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 saltare11o

saltare11o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

hi,

thanks for replying. I am still having the same problem. here is the hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:06:46, on 05/08/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\psqltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\DiscWizardMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Virgin Net Broadband\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SCAN32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: dsWebAllowBHO Class - {2F85D76C-0569-466F-A488-493E6BD0E955} - C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\dsWebAllow.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Search Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVRotateSysTray] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsysrot.dll,Enable
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSQLLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\launcher.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiscWizardMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\DiscWizardMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\TimounterMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Net Broadband\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1155292552671
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{820162C4-5E0E-4D6A-9A23-132F0D65FC07}: NameServer = 147.102.5.2,147.102.222.210,147.102.34.220
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

--
End of file - 9488 bytes

thanks, looking forward to your reply.

angela

#4 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

Hello,

I don't see anything nefarious in any of the logs you posted. :thumbsup:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

1. Download this file - combofix.exe
2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Thanks,
tea

Posted Image

#5 saltare11o

saltare11o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

hi,

thanks for the advice..i am going away on holiday now for a month and have packed my computer away. i will do the suggested things when i come back and hopefully then there will still be someone here to help me. just so you know, the problems i have been having seem to generally be related to windows explorer and internet explorer 7. i mainly use firefox, but when i do use internet explorer it sometimes crashes and i get an application error.

thanks again,

angela

#6 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hello Angela,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll leave this thread open for you, and you can get back to me when you return from your holiday. Be safe and have a great time. :thumbsup:

Regards,
tea

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users