Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:31 PM
You'll have to excuse me, I'm not as knowledgeable about computers as most of you here (by a long shot)
OS: windows xp
Sony Vaio desktop - fairly new, purchased about a year ago.
Sorry I'm not sure about the specs (now I feel like an idiot)
anyway, heres what happens when I turn the computer on:
1. Turn power on
2. Vaio logo appears, then intel inside
3. A screen similar to the safe mode (F8) screen appears. Apologize for inconvenience, windows did not start successfully, may be due to a recent hardware or software change (or something along those lines)
safe mode w/ networking
safe mode w/ command prompt
start windows normally
If I go to any of the safe mode options:
1. A black screen with a bunch of (ummm) file names? scrolls up the screen. It always stops at mup.sys
2. After a about 10 seconds the screen says no input signal (I'm guessing the computer is restarting?
3. Then it goes back to the beginning with the vaio logo
If I go to start windows normally:
1. Windows xp logo appears with the loading bar
2. Screen says no input signal
3. Back to vaio logo etc.
I went into BIOS, if you need the temps and fan speeds I have it, it's probably not needed though. However, the cpu temp was 56c/132.5F isn't that a bit warm?!
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm in college and my classes start next month, I'll be struggling without a computer. I also don't really have any extra money, so if there is ANYTHING that I can at least try pleeease tell me. (in layman's terms lol)