Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Killed?!?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parksy

Parksy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hello again!! Right where do i start....basically i had a toshiba 160gb sata hard drive die on me, so i bought a maxtor diamond 10 160gb sata for a replacement. Hd arrived, i put in machine and the bios found it, in motherboard management said no hd found?(for partition etc) Tried booting off my xp cd but said nothing found in drive.....Then i tried updating the bios thinkin this could solve my problem, must have flashed wrong bios and now nothing on screen!!!

Old bios - pheonix award v6.00pg (4BQW1P04?)
New bios - 4BQW1P19
Mobo - foxconn/nvidia ck804kma
Chip - amd athon 64 3500 2.2
hd - maxtor diamond 10 160gb

Am now thinkin new mobo or possibly a new bios chip? Sometimes there are jumpers you can move to bring back old bios??

Any help would be much appreciated....

Regards Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

If its a brand new SATA drive you need to load the drivers with a flopy then install windows. After a quick Google search I found this Tutorial.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Do you mean that when you boot, the computer doesn't even post? That could mean a new motherboard for you at its worst.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users