Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SLR

SLR

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

You know sites which stream live video in windows media player inside the webpage; when i go to those sites then I cant see the video anymore. I can see the windows media player in the webpage, I can hear the audio, but inside the player there is just a green screen.
I watched a lot of streams before but never had this problem before. Its happening both in Firefox and IE. I updated to media player 11 after the problem started, but it did not help. I cant remember installing any software which might cause this.
Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpartacusJoker

SpartacusJoker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything I can think of, which isn't much since I know next to nothing about computers. I've had the problem for about a month now. It used to work fine and then one day it didn't. I get the audio but the video looks scrambled. HELP PLEASE!!!

#3 SLR

SLR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

I managed to solve my problem by myself. It was a codec porblem. For others who are having this problem, I had installed an old version of divx, I uninstalled it now wmp works fine, no more green screen. Then installed a newer version of divx and its not interfering with wmp anymore :thumbsup:

SpartacusJoker try uninstalling the excess codecs you have in device manager -> Sound video game controllers -> Video codecs. I was getting a green screen and yours is scrambled so it may not be a codec problem. Are you using the windows media player or some other program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users