Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe After Effects Knock Off Software Wanted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

I went to download the trial of after effects and found out it was over 800mb!

On dial up that translates into about 49 hours maybe.

Then its 1000 bucks.

Does anyone know of any software with its feature for free or something smaller to download?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

I went to their website and it didn't tell me a whole lot of how it's different than Photoshop, besides the "puppet tool." :thumbsup:

I use GIMP. It does a lot of stuff photoshop does, but it's harder to find a few things. But once you master it (like Photoshop) you can do anything you want. :flowers:

Edited by yano, 17 July 2007 - 11:42 AM.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

There is always Jahshaka.

After Effects is kinda like Photoshop, but for video.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the clarification Mr Alpha. Dully noted. They have a linux version of Jahshaka. I might play around with it a little.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

After Effects is kinda like Photoshop, but for video.

No not the gimp I have that...its for pictures. I need after effects for videos as I would consider making special effects either in video or the physical element of it my job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users