Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Post A Youtube Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Howdy,
I have seen threads on different sites that contained YouTube videos.

Instead of a link to click on to see the video, a screen is in place with an arrow in the center for you to click on to make it play.

I have seen some videos that I would like to post but when I link to them the video plays and then the reviews show up down below.

Some of them contain some pretty nasty language. Not good for family orientated sites.

Could someone help me out ?

Thanks for your time.

Dennis :thumbsup:

Edited by Dennis H, 17 July 2007 - 09:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

Are you looking to embed the video on a website or blog? That's what I do for my song of the day on my blog. http://frankp316.blogspot.com/ It's very simple. You just copy the html code from Youtube or other video sites and paste it into your blog post or html of your website. Voila! Instant video player. No comments.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to put the video on a web site.

When I go to YouTube and find a video, I move my cursor all the way to the top and left click, then right click and click copy.

I then go to the web site and paste the link there. The problem is it will bring those folks to the video but all the other stuff will be there.

What I have seen others do is post a screen with the video basically in freeze frame. In the center of the screen there will be a arrow(in a box) pointing to the right (indicating play). When clicked the video starts playing.

I am not sure if I am making sense. I will get a screen shot if that would be of any help.

I am not sure I understand when you say embed.

Thanks,

Edited by Dennis H, 17 July 2007 - 12:48 PM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

That's what "embed" means. You're inserting it directly on the website. Every Youtube page has an embed code. It's just a piece of html that allows you to insert the video on your site. Where it's located depends on whether you're using the old Youtube page or the Beta page. On the old page, it's to the right of the player and on the new page, it's underneath the player. The url is there too but you don't want that. That's what you're doing now. You want the embed code. Copy it and paste it into the html editor of your website and it will reproduce the player. This also works with other viral video sites such as Daily Motion, MySpace TV, Google etc. Go to my blog and you'll find videos embedded on my blog.

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Prior to your last post I went back to the site I mentioned in my first post and asked for instructions.

I was told that all I had to do was paste the embedded code in between this: I did, and it worded out fine.

They have a lot of videos posted so they have that site tweaked to make it easy to post YouTube videos.

I went to another site and tried to post the the video by putting it between html brackets(same format as above) and it would not work. I looked for the html editor you mentioned but did not see it.

They use vB code and state that it is just like html code.

How would I post the video on this site? Maybe that will be easier for me to understand.

Here is the embedded code I used that worked on the first site. SpwlsCxY7vU It is just a video I picked at random.

Thanks,

Edited by Dennis H, 18 July 2007 - 09:18 AM.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

I dunno. I do it on Blogger and they have an html editor as part of the posting process. I think all blog sites are like that so without knowing what site you are referring to, I can't say. I copy & paste the code into my post and that's it. I use mostly Youtube but today I used Daily Motion. My guess is that diferent sites have different procedures. I use Blogger. I don't know about other sites. I don't need brackets on Blogger.

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for your help !

I think my best bet is to not worry with it. :thumbsup:

I do not post many videos but I thought it might be a good way to keep the nonsense off of a web site when (if) I did.

Take Care,

Dennis :flowers:

Edited by Dennis H, 18 July 2007 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users