Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard & Gfx Card Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

I'm in the marked for a new motherboard. I have my eye on two so far ASUS M2N32-SLI and the Foxconn C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H I've pretty made up my mind, its down to these two.

Both mobos are SLi compatable, although at the moment I won't be using this facility, hopefully in the near future and when I've saved some more cash I'll look into upgrading the graphics, however it's important to have.

My actual question is: A friend has upgraded his graphics card, as a result he has an Sapphire ATi Radeon X1650 PRO 256MB PCI-E going spare. I was wondering if it would be possible for this card to to be used with either of the above motherboards? I have been out of the 'graphic card scene' for sometime and have rarely played games on my computer (moved to consoles some years back).

Thanks in advance!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Yes, it'll work on both, except of course in SLI mode. It is a decidedly mediocre card though.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

As Alpha Mentioned, the card will work but since its an ATI card it won't be supported by the SLI wich is an NVIDIA dual card mode. ATI's dual card setup is Crossfire. That card will support Crossfire so if your looking for a dual card setup with one card being free choose a MB that supports crossfire.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

Appreciate the comments Mr Alpha & Sneakycyber, thanks for comfirming what I was unsure about. Well Like I said, he is giving the Radeon card away for nothing, so untill I raise the cash for a new SLi graphics card/s it will do.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users