Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Reliable Is Driveragent For Vista 64?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Giedrius M

Giedrius M

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hi.
I have scanned my system with driveragent, and it said that some drivers are missing (Intel, Dell's bluetooth, etc) After downloading them from manufacturer, additional scans still show that there are newer versions.
Could someone take a look ? My PC is DELL Latitude D820, Windows Vista Ultimate , Intel Core 2, T7200, 2Gb ram, 64 bit operating system.

Leaving only problem devices.

Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4
Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

Network adapters
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Sound, video and game controllers
High Definition Audio Device
System Devices
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D6
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D4
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D2
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D0
Intel® 82801GBM (ICH7-M/U) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9
Mobile Intel® 945GM/GU/PM/GMS/940GML/943GML and Intel® 945GT Express PCI Express Root Port - 27A1
Mobile Intel® 945GM/GU/PM/GMS/940GML/943GML and Intel® 945GT Express Processor to DRAM Controller - 27A0

Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module
My blog majauskas.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

First, the Driver Agent scan is only a suggestion based on what's in their database. I suggest using the scan with a grain of salt - and checking with the device manufacturer for the latest available version. Rely on that rather than a 3rd party interpretation of what you need.

Secondly, 64 bit drivers are a bit scarce - so are these beta drivers or full release version drivers?

Finally, with a proprietary system like a Dell, it's difficult to tell what's current and what isn't. Dell releases drivers for it's hardware, and they may be direct from the manufacturer - or they may have changes that are necessary for the Dell hardware. So it's somewhat of a crapshoot as to what's "current". Generally I advise that you get your drivers from the actual manufacturer of the hardware concerned - but with motherboards this distinction is hard to make (should you get the Dell chipset drivers or the Intel - and if you go with the Intel, is certain essential Dell stuff left out?).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users