Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Won't Open

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 phishy25

phishy25

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

This has been going on for months now. Several months ago I tried to update iTunes to whatever the latest version was. Ever since then I have been unable to use the program. When I click on the link I get the little hour glass for about a minute and then nothing. Hourglass goes away, nothing opens and I don't get an error message. The computer is a HP about 18 months old, I'm running XP. I've been googling the problem for months and have tried various ways to fix it but nothing works. I've uninstalled the program and manually deleted all the files and folders and then re installed it several times. Quicktime I also uninstalled and reinstalled and that seems to be working fine. Any thoughts? TIA..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

Hi phishy25,

One thing that I have heard is that when you reinstall QuickTime and iTunes you need to ensure that your iPod is not connected to your computer at the time of the reinstall.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 phishy25

phishy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

The iPod wasn't connected. I really don't know what the problem is.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

Have you seen this Apple website page with a few troubleshooting suggestions for iTunes and QuickTime? Try them and let us know if it helps.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users