Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem During Game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wonka tonka

wonka tonka

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:37 AM

Ok so basically my cpu is totally fine during regular internet surfing, graphic design, etc.

But once I start up Counter Strike: Source. My system crashes within 2-10 minutes.

I even have my side panel of my case off in order to get better circulation and keep the graphics card and mother board much more cooler.

What am I doing wrong?

Mind you my graphics card hasn't been updated yet. Could that be the issue causing it?

I honestly don't think so on account if the system is left on between 36-48 hours it just shuts down too. I think it might be the mother board or graphics card getting too hot but I'm not sure though.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Wonka

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

Which graphics card do u have by chance?

Sounds similar to mine (which i had mine all updated) but i needed to roll back my driver instead to fix the problem... how hot does ur system run?

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#3 wonka tonka

wonka tonka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

36* Celsius right now.
And my fans are at about 3350 RPM's at the moment.

But my card is a:
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT

#4 wonka tonka

wonka tonka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

anyone?

#5 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hmm.. i'm sorry Wonka im running around the same heat as you and I'm not ATM experiencing any problems... My card is an ATI- Radeon 1950GT ...

Is the computer ran for that amount of time no screensaver or anything? Again i've never left my system on that long at one time.. (I usually run it at most 20)...

Maybe another member could help you out a little better cause I'm not a big Nvidia guy (never used Nvidia..)

I would just try updating the card and posting if it made a difference or not..

~Jake

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

What Operating System are you using? Also, which driver version for your graphics card are you using? There could be some kind of program error causing problems. Gaming puts alot of strain on a system and something in it may simply be failing when under stress.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users