Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vbscript Corrupted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 milisabelle

milisabelle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

Has anyone run into a problem in Vista where downloads are preventeddue to error 2738 (which apparently is due to VBScript being corrupted? Better yet, does anyone know how to fix this before I get terminal exasperation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

Could you post the exact error message? Does this occur during the download, or when you start to install the program?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

You could try to re-register the .dll

Go to Start

Select All Programs

Select Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator from the resulting menu.

In the run command, type the following: regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Press Enter

You should receive a message that states the registration of the DLL file was successful

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 jennell

jennell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

my pc is giving me this error code 2738 when it's restarted... what is it and how do I fix it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users