Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An Old Brit On The Block

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bobcossey

bobcossey

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hi , my name is Bob and I have joined your syndicate because it appears that you have a volume of knowledge about things that I am trying to begin to understand at a late stage in life. I spent 28 years in the Royal navy as an engineer and have since spent 22 years in civilian life enjoying time with my family. Not wishing ever to retire so to speak I keep trying to keep up with the times and to that end am trying to come to terms with what the youth of today obviously consider second nature. However it is very apparent that when someone like me asks a question of these knowledgeable beings they race off into mind blowing descriptions leaving the likes of me in their wake not realising we are completely lost. It is with the hope that I can come on bended knee to this forum and confess my lack of know-how of the computer bible and glean some info that will help me in my development of this art. I hope you will understand -- thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ambellina

ambellina

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

welcome :thumbsup:

#3 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

#4 flat360

flat360

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

hi bob, good to see im not the only apprentice on this site welcome :thumbsup:

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

Hi, Bob.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You don't have to worry about not understanding, what's being said.
If anybody gives you instructions you don't understand, just ask for clarification.
Someone, will be more than happy to explain it to you, in a way that you can understand.
That's what we're here for.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 news4la

news4la

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

Hi Bob!

I started learning 32 years ago. It's a one day at a time process. I learned how to ask for help. I should mention your best source the "search bar". Be it google, yahoo,ask or any one of many it works. Then when you get confident you can give back what you have learned. Slowly step by step so that everyone can understand. Its like learning a new language it takes awhile of using it. We are all here to help because we like to! :thumbsup:

On AIR,On LINE,On THE GO!

#7 bobcossey

bobcossey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Thank you all for a very warm welcome.I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply but the good news is that I have managed to rid myself of the contravirus by using this forums removal device. The bad news is,that in so doing I have upset some settings somewhere and sometimes when I log on my PC tends to be unable to find any server other than the service provider.Anyway thats for the other part of the forum. Probably bump into you during some technical debate.All the best
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users