The End of my story:
After looking at Spybot, to no avail, updating and doing a search and clean, I also updated and did a search and clean with Adaware SE. The Hotmail login problem was unchanged but I cleaned out several malware items, which is a good thing.
In researching the internet I got A CLUE that helped. When something is blocked, a small icon (a red circle with a white horizontal dash in the center) apears in the bottom right corner of the screen left of the Internet icon. Hovering over it with the cursor identifies it as "privacy report". Opening it showed MSN blocked
SO, I went back to Internet Options/Privacy (tab), Sites (button).
Previously I had looked for Hotmail on the list (It wasn't there). This time I read each entry until I discovered MSN...Blocked. So I changed it to MSN...ALLOW. The problem is now solved and I can enter hotmail with the default (medium) privacy setting.
I also found 3 malware sites ALLOWed and I blocked them. This is immediately after my cleanup. The computor was clean but the door was left wide open for these three malware sites.
I'm glad that I had the time to pursue this. Hope someone else benefits.
Mod Edit: This will be moved a more appropriate forum. Where it can be benefited from the most.
Edited by scarlett, 27 January 2005 - 06:09 PM.
Murphy was an optimist.