Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Rich Are You?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tazz88

tazz88

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:08 AM

http://globalrichlist.com/
How Rich are You?

My family are in the to 0.75% of the world!! I put my family's net income, since I have a part-time job at a paltry minimum wage.

By myself, I'm still in the top 13%

Maybe this will put some things into perspective for you, it sure did for me. I realize how rich i actually am, and how lucky I am to live in Canada, or a first world country for that matter.

But anyway, this is just for fun! Post your results!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

Top 11% but somehow I imagine the lower 75% are all in China and 3rd world countries

Posted Image

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

I had to laugh at the site - but in a nice way - because along with the results comes a bit of guilt to help out those in need. I don't mind because I already do that - just not with 'Share'.

I'd post the results but my guilt forbids me. Gentle grin.
Hmmm ... in real life, my 'guilt' wouldn't bug me a bit as in Canada I'd be down toward the other end of the scale.

Edited by MaraM, 16 July 2007 - 12:47 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

0.001, but anyone who makes like at least 26k a year would be in the 1 percentile.
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

#5 anderson8605

anderson8605

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:47 AM

well i dare not post mine but i will say this... DONATIONS DONATIONS IM TAKIN' DONATIONS HERE...Ya' get my drift?
Writing Life One Lyric At A Time
Come See Me!

#6 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:32 AM

It's normally not polite to ask how much money someone have. But never mind that.
That site is pretty cool too bad I can't calculate mine. There's no NZ currency.

#7 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:57 AM

I hate those ads/sites/commercials that try to guilt trip you into donating money.

Anyway, why can't I get beyond the 107,565 richest person in U.S.A. money, even when I claim I have 50 bil? I think that would make me the richest person :\. Or pretty darn close to Bill Gates.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#8 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

Being a student I don't have a job, but I did do some gardening for a week, getting 100.
That puts me in the TOP 93.53% richest people in the world.
I'm ranked as the 5,612,262,858 richest person in the world.

#9 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Yea.... i make quite a bit of money for being only 20.... but this calculator is not very acurate... <-- solaris was right when u can't get past a certain number for how rich u are... (im not very rich but building comps and workin in Cust. Service can pay off :thumbsup: )

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

= 8,552,266
You are the 8,552,266richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.14%
richest people in the world!

Hahahahahaha That was my pre tax

Post taxes
= 24,083,657
You are the 24,083,657richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.4%
richest people in the world!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 DJDET

DJDET

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Arrrghh, the dilemma ... new HD TV or schooling for an entire generation of school children in an Angolan village. I fear this site is trying to make me feel guilty ...

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

If you have 2k cash you are in the top 2% in the world!

I have close to that now but not for long sadly I have to pay taxes on my car, by new rims and 2 new tires plus I just bought a new phone.
Oh well I am still in the top 10% of the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users