Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Firewall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peachechampagne

peachechampagne

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

I recently got on a new website (www.blocksavvy.com) and there are certain things I cannot do on this site. I was told it could be my firewall blocking. I have updated adobe flash player, allowed the cookies for this page, cleared the cache and cleared the cookies and I still can't get full functionality out of this website. Is there any way to get full access to this page when I have a firewall provided by my wireless router? It's driving me nuts! This is a laptop I'm using now but I assume with the desktop that I'll have the same issues because they are both connected to the same router. I am not the administrator of this computer but I can't imagine that this is the issue. Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

I don't expect that it's the router (the pages work fine for me), but you can test it by connecting directly to your modem (which removes the modem from the equation).

You can also try installing another browser (such as the free Firefox browser available here: http://www.mozilla.com/ ) to see if it's a setting in the browser that's causing this.

What other security/protection/tweaking software are you using? It's possible that a setting in one of the programs is blocking content from the site.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

I have updated adobe flash player, allowed the cookies for this page, cleared the cache and cleared the cookies and I still can't get full functionality out of this website. Is there any way to get full access to this page when I have a firewall provided by my wireless router? It's driving me nuts! ...

...I am not the administrator of this computer but I can't imagine that this is the issue. Please help!!

What functions are you missing?

If you are not the Administrator you may not be able to install the tools necessary to view the page properly. Also as John (USASMA) has mentioned, your computer may have filtering software that stops certain urls, and plugins. The certainly holds true for work and school computers.

Is this a work or school computer?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 peachechampagne

peachechampagne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

No its a home computer. And the only firewall that I have is the one that is w/in the router. How can I tell if there are other programs that may be blocking content on the site? I've never had this issue before.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

Try clearing your Resolver Cache. Go to Start, then Run. Type cmd in the run box. When the command line window opens type in ipconfig /FlushDNS and press Enter.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users