Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deep Freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

Can you deep freeze your computer and hibernate your computer at the same time? Because I did once, but it didn't allow me to do that. I think it interferes with it. But it may not to other computers. So to my question is not solved. Can anyone tell me does it or does it not allow hibernate while having deep freeze on?

Edited by chow2rich, 15 July 2007 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Deep Freeze is a passive "Desktop Guard". As far as I know, you can do anything you wish to a computer that has it installed. Upon reboot, it will reset any changes made back to the point of its installation. Our school district has never had any issues where it interfered with any normal computer function.

/Edit:
When I posted to this topic, I hadn't seen your other topic Taskmanager, PF Usage in TaskManager.

I need to make sure we are talking about the same thing here. There is software use called Deep Freeze. Do you have that software on your computer? If so, when a HJT team member takes your log, you need to advise them of this. Deep Freeze will prevent changes to your desktop unless it is in a "thawed state."

Since this topic is critical to understanding your HJT path, I am leaving it open. I caution you on posting about other issues while you have an open HJT log. Changing things when your log is being worked will delay your fix and cause issues for the team member trying to help you.

Let us know,
rigel

Edited by rigel, 15 July 2007 - 03:11 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

No, I do not have Deep Freeze. I used to have it, but I delete it and kept a copy of it on to a external harddrive. So I didn't make any changes to my computer. Thank you for your advice. I will wait until the HiJackThis Team tells me what to do. And thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users