Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Files And Transfer Wizard Errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ed Podowski

Ed Podowski

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

We needed to reconfigure a desktop, so we used the Files and Transfer Wizard to create a file on a [750GB] USB Drive. [When I originally built this desktop, I put in two 160GB hard drive in a Stripped RAID Array. I found out later you should never Strip an Operating System Drive. In the past year we had minimal problems, but none the less we had issues we could only attribute to operating system issues.]

After using the F.A.S.T. Wizard, we reformatted the hard drive, loaded in all the applications, service packs, etc. up to, as near as we can tell, the same level with the same applications.

We started the F.A.S.T. Wizard found the file on the USB Drive and started the transfer. It ran about an hour when we received the following message:

An error occurred while the wizard was loading your data.
The wizard cannot create the data needed to save your settings. Make sure you have enough disk space available.
To close this wizard, click Finish.

I calculated the space requirements at 4 times the F.A.S.T. file [4 x 12GB] which would require about 50GB tops. I have 148GB available on the hard drive. So I thought why the message? I went in search of a work around or possible solution.

I think I have found every article on this issue. I found some insights on this forum, but I still have an issue which I cannot seem to get around.

I have followed the instructions and links at http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.php. I have been able to download and use the fastconv program. Well I was able to get the final step, which I thought was the final step, until I receive the following error:

Info Skipping decompression for: D:\USMT2_Temp\00004380.DAT
Error Cannot load transport database. TRANSDB.DAT might be corrupted. [ERROR=3]

The following was my command line which started this step:

fastconv /s:D:\USMT2.UNC /e:00004380.DAT /d:D:\USMT2_Dest /t:D:\USMT2_Temp /k

There are 6 .DAT files [plus the status file] in this file and transfer wizard set. It seems to run into problems in the 4 .DAT File. which is why the file above is skipped according to my command line based on the information in the fastconv.log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ed Podowski

Edited by Ed Podowski, 15 July 2007 - 02:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users