Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ddude58

Ddude58

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

I am having problems with ad-aware2007. When ever I try to run a scan it comes up scanner is busy try again later. I am thinking about trying Spyare Terminator. Can anybody give me some advice on which one is the best? Thank you
David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

I don't use Ad Aware or Spybot anymore. I now use AVG Anti Spyware & Super Anti Spyware. Apparently the new edition of Ad Aware is a resource hog.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

I have been greatly disappointed with the new version of Ad-AwareSE, and no longer recommend it to our Members.
I use AVG A-S, and Comodo's BOclean, as well as Spybot.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Ddude58

Ddude58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for your responce, I believe your right and going to get rid of ad-aware2007
I already use the ones you refered to
david

#5 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hi Ddude58, welcome to BleepingComputer.

I am a beta tester for Lavasoft and It would be great if you took your problem to the Lavasoft Support Forum where we can help you.

thanks!
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#6 starh

starh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

I am having problems with ad-aware2007. When ever I try to run a scan it comes up scanner is busy try again later. I am thinking about trying Spyare Terminator. Can anybody give me some advice on which one is the best? Thank you
David

IMO, Spyware Terminator is fit for advanced users. It has a simple HIPS feature, but its threat database is not enough now.
If you want to protect a "clean" system, select ST; if you want to remove malware from your system, Ad-aware, AVG anti-spyware, Spyware Doctor, all these are better than ST.

Edited by starh, 16 July 2007 - 06:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users