Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Default Shutdown Option - "sleep"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

I would rather the default shutdown option be "Shut Down", instead of "Sleep". As of yet I havent found anything on it. Is it one of those obvious things I keep missing? Nothing found in control panel -> power options that I can find.

For now, I've set up a kluge like so:
Created a shortcut to "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 10" (hard shutdown with a ten second delay), and dragged it to my start menu.

It seems to work fine, but wouldnt it be nice to just adjust the existing shutdown option? :huh:

Any insight appreciated!

[edit]
Using Vista Home Premium

Edited by jhsmurray, 15 July 2007 - 08:07 AM.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Power Options > Change Plan Settings for the power plan you have selected > Change advanced power settings > Power buttons and lid > Start Menu power button.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 jhsmurray

jhsmurray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

That's the money! :huh:
Looks like I need a little more "face-time" with Vista...

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#4 johnvcn

johnvcn

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thank you