Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Wifi Troubles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kyle m

kyle m

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

i set up a home wireless network in my house, with the router and modem in my basement. i usually get great signal, but sometimes my router will "disappear" from my list of connectable networks. i dont know if this is a privacy setting, or if its malfunctioning hardware, but does anyone have any tricks i can try to make it work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

Did this just start happening or has it been doing it since you installed them? It could be interference from another piece of equipment.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 wallyone

wallyone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

I've had this problem, too. You probably already do this, but to fix it, I just refresh the wireless networks and my router usually reappears. I'm not sure what's causing it, though.

#4 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

One common problem is that 900mhz cordless phones often interfere with Wi-fi signals, if you have a 900mhz phone you may want to think about upgrading or sometimes moving the receiver to a different part of the house will help. there are lots of other things that can interfere but that seems to be the most common.
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

#5 kyle m

kyle m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

i have been having problems with my network recently. i have a linksys wireless router that i use, and i will be using the internet, and both the wired and wireless connection will just drop. i am becoming frustrated not knowing wat is going on, getting kicked off while using the web. someone please help

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:06 AM

Have you checked the Linksys site for firmware updates?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users