I need you to move HijackThis
to a folder of its own so that nothing is deleted by mistake
1. Right click in an empty space on your desktop.
2. From the Menu, click New, then Folder and a folder will appear on your desktop.
3. Name the folder HJT
4. Cut and Paste your current copy of HiJackThis.exe
into the new Folder that was just created.
5. Now, run the program and post a fresh HJT log
While TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent HijackThis from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.
- Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
- In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.
- Choose "Yes" at the Warning prompt.
- Expand the "Tools" menu.
- Click "Resident".
- Uncheck the "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active." box.
- In the File menu click "Exit" to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.