Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have Got It All..... How Do I Delete It?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nick's_comp_bad

nick's_comp_bad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

I was on youtube and a box show up that i had to update the video player....

I did ... it was fake and now i have a whole bunch of anti this and anti that programs. And now boxes pop up about "you have a virus" and when i x out it opens a web page with a free virus scan.
It also changed my favorites and homepage.

I got a free scan from stopzilla.

It said i had it all

mal ad spy trojan horse virus hijacker

what do I do..

I know nothing :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

:thumbsup: To Bleeping Computer
Please Follow These Instructions

Quoted from Fozzie
"Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.
* Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results.
* Select close to exit the program.
* Scan in SAFE MODE"
Ok that will clean up some of the *baddies* but to be on the safe side run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users