Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VX2 Infection Help plz

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:06 PM

Does any one know of a program that can detect all hidden running modules, and enable you to delete them, because I have the VX2 on my computer, and I got it down to one file left, that I can get rid of because it is always running right from the start up.

And yes everything is disabled and removed so nothing is supposed to run on start up.

I know where the file is its....C:/Windows/System32/fpo2odoe.dll
Its the only VX2 file Left.

VX2 bty is Malware, that automatically installs other ad-ware, and spy-ware, automatically, it was 10 on the ad-aware rating too.

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum. Where it can receive the attention it deserves.

Edited by scarlett, 26 January 2005 - 10:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bar5

bar5

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:34 PM

Does any one know of a program that can detect all hidden running modules, and enable you to delete them, because I have the VX2 on my computer, and I got it down to one file left, that I can get rid of because it is always running right from the start up.

And yes everything is disabled and removed so nothing is supposed to run on start up.

I know where the file is its....C:/Windows/System32/fpo2odoe.dll
Its the only VX2 file Left.

VX2 bty is Malware, that automatically installs other ad-ware, and spy-ware, automatically, it was 10 on the ad-aware rating too.

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum. Where it can receive the attention it deserves.

Hi:

Read the following and than scroll down to the bottom and you will see where you can download VX2 Cleaner from Lavasoft.

Lavasoft VX2 Cleaner

I gave you this whole page because it has instructions that might help. Good luck.

Barb :thumbsup:

P.S. You have to have Ad-Aware Se Personal installed with VX2 Cleaner.

Ad-AwareSe Personal

Barb

Edited by bar5, 26 January 2005 - 11:47 PM.

#3 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

I do have that, last time I tried it, it said my system was clean. It could be because I got rid of all of it except for that one file.
I think I will try reconnecting my computer to the Internet and let it restore itself, then use the vx2 cleaner.
I come back if it doesn't work.

#4 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

Ok I tried it again....it still reads the system as being clean. I went to some other websites, that tell you how to get rid of it manually, and the files they tell you to delte are not on my comp, they didnt even list the infected files that i have. I think I might have an updated version of it or something.....this is ghey!!!

#5 bar5

bar5

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:20 PM

Ok I tried it again....it still reads the system as being clean. I went to some other websites, that tell you how to get rid of it manually, and the files they tell you to delte are not on my comp, they didnt even list the infected files that i have. I think I might have an updated version of it or something.....this is ghey!!!

Sorry I don't know anymore about this other than the info I gave you.

Hopefully someone will come along and help you.

Barb

#6 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

I downloaded VX2Finder, and made it search for all the varients, and it couldnt find it...So I think this confirms it...I have a newer varient of VX2.... :trumpet:
I think I will just take what files I need/want back-em-up, and reformat my HDD using Zilla Data Nuker, to "shred entire drive" :flowers: but it probably wot work to well, as i only have one HDD, so that would mean it would have to shred itself... :thumbsup:

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

Let's try really getting rid of it. No need to reformat.

This is only for WinXP though.

Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exe
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users