Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Page Not Found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeLost

joeLost

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

I have 2 Windows PCs, 2 browsers (IE & Firefox) and 2 net connections (cable modem & CDMA wireless).

The cable modem connection is most used and the other a backup...

Suddenly, when using the cable modem connection I just can't connect to Google.com or any google related site including gmail. I get a page not found error. The only way I can is by using the IP address http://64.233.167.99/.

I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary (visiting a particular site or installing any software)???

How can I set this right? - cuz using the CDMA wireless connection to browse is really slow and painful.

Please help

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

It sounds like your ISP's DNS servers are having trouble.
It's possible to switch over to a public DNS server like OpenDNS. I use those instead of my ISP's servers since ODNS is more reliable.
Set up instructions here: http://www.opendns.com/start/
Posted Image

#3 joeLost

joeLost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

Thanks a ton - this worked!

#4 arcman