Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer Connected To Internet, Only Not

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vedasisme

vedasisme

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

I just built a new computer, and everything was put together and installed successfully. The only step remaining is to connect to the internet.

I'm running windows XP home, using a Gigabyte brand S-series motherboard, using the drivers supplied with the motherboard.

When I look at the network connections, they tell me that I am connected to my FIOS internet, and even though I have the same network settings as my dad's computer (which can connect), none of my internet programs can access the internet.

I've tried reinstalling my drivers, turning the router off and on, disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable, and called my ISP, which tells me that the problem isn't with the network so they can't help me.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vedasisme

vedasisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Well, yet again this problem was fixed on my own...apparently the routing through my wall was faulty, and i solved to problem by connecting directly to my router.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users