Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guda

guda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

Hi, I am having a lot of yellow triangle exclamamtion marks coming up in my task bar mentioning Malware threats e.t.c

I have ran an AVG Virus scan / AVG Spyware Removal and I still can't get rid of the pop ups and annoying messages.

Please find below Hijackthis log file and SmitFraudFix log file & AVG Spyware Log. This should be everything you need.
YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ASAP!

Cheers,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

It might save you some time if you could tell us precisely what the triangle says, so we could identify the malware that is causing it and direct you to the appropriate self-help removal guide. If you do elect to post a HJT log, then please read and carefully follow the instructions here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I am sure BC can help you get rid of the triangle/malware. Just be sure to pay no attention to its instructions,or to install anything as a result.
Welcome to this friendly user community
Regards.
John

Edited by jgweed, 14 July 2007 - 10:07 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hi, :thumbsup: to bleeping computer, if you follow jgweed's link, and the problem is still there be sure to post the hijack this log.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users