Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is This Line?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enjoytheday123

enjoytheday123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

It did not take me anywhere when I clicked on it, but it clearly opened and closed.

thanks

Event:hxxp://www-removed-/pro/ismesyaioi99

Edited by Papakid, 14 July 2007 - 07:53 AM.
edited link to make sure it is not hot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

How was this link sent to you? Via email, as an email attachment, Instant Messaging or IRC chat, etc.?

It looks like a link to download a file, altho I've asked for someone else to look at it. If I were you, I would start running antivirus scans and you will probably need to post a HijackThis log.

I'm moving this into a more appropriate forum. If anyone needs to see the exact link, send me a PM as I have to be gone for several minutes now.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:45 AM

OK, enjoytheday123, it's been confirmed that the link will run a script that will download a malicious file. If you haven't rebooted yet it may be much easier to clean up, but there is no guarantee of that as this is probably so new that some scanners don't know about it yet. Run you anti-virus scanner then please do the following:

Please click on this link and follow all the relevant instructions for precleaning and getting a log posted:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

If you have any problems or questions at all about the Prep Guide or getting a log posted don't hesitate to post back in this topic about it. But please DO NOT post your log in this topic, start a new one in the logs forum. There is a link in the prep guide that will open a new topic in the correct forum for you, if you miss it, here it is again: start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum

When you get your log posted in the correct forum, please be patient--there are a lot of logs to look at and a lot of people in the process of being helped, but someone will get with you as soon as possible. You can post your link to your log back here and it would be a good idea to post a link to this topic, along with a description of the problem, in your new log thread.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users