Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download
|License:||Free to Scan & Clean
Extra features with $39.99 upgrade.
Buy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
|Operating System:||Windows XP/Vista/7/8
32-bit program. Can run on both a 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
|File Size:||65.54 MBs|
|Last Updated:||03/06/18 06:52:40 PM EST|
Malwarebytes is an important security program to protect any user's computer. It is light-weight, fast, and best of all, excellent at removing the latest infections that may be in the wild. Malwarebytes is updated numerous times throughout the day, which allows you to stay protected from threats as they come out. One of the best parts of the program is that not only will it scan your computer free, but it will also remove any malware it finds at no cost to you either.
While scanning and cleaning a computer using Malwarebytes is always free, upgrading to the Premium version offers many benefits. This includes real-time protection, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection features.
Real-time protection monitors your computer in real-time and if you attempt open a malicious program or file, Malwarebytes will block it and automatically quarantine the file. This protects your from running infections that are disguised as free downloads or malicious attachments.
The anti-ransomware feature protects you from existing and new ransomware threats that may infect your computer. When Malwarebytes anti-ransomware detects ransomware behavior, such as file encryption, it will automatically halt the process exhibiting this behavior so that it cannot continue encrypting your computer.
The anti-exploit feature protects your compuer from exploit kits that try to attack vulnerabilities found in Windows and your installed programs. If Malwarebytes anti-exploit detects an exploit kit on a site that you are visiting or one that is attempting to exploit your computer's vulnerabilities, Malwarebytes will block it before it can infect your computer.
Finally, the malicious website protection feature will block your computer from accessing known malicious sites. These sites are labeled as malicious if they are known to offer malware, adware, pups, in-browser miners, or are hosting exploit kits. By using the malicious protect feature, your computer will be blocked from threats before they have a chance to attack you.
When a user installs Malwarebytes for the first time, they get all the features of the Premium version for free for 14 days. After that they can choose to upgrade to the Premium version or continue with the scan and clean features of the Free version. Regardless of whether or not you pay to activate Malwarebytes, we suggest that you install this program on your computer and perform a routine scan with it at least once a week. This will assure you that your computer is being secured from some the newest infections out there.
For those wishing to license Malwarebytes Premium for their entire household or business, Malwarebytes offers an interesting license option. They offer a base license for $39.99, which protects one computer for one year. You can then buy protection for additional devices for $10 more per devices. When buying a license, it is important to note that they are multi-platform. That means that the license can be used on Windows, Mac, or Android.
For a more detailed tutorial on how to clean your computer using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, please visit this guide:
• Improved remediation for shortcuts and tasks
• Added better handling for heavily infected systems to streamline detection & remediation
• Continued improvements to overall protection, detection and remediation
• Added Notification Center for easy access to most recent real-time block notifications (NOTE: you will see this in dashboard header, but currently it won't display for first time until after a real-time block event has occurred)
• Added category to website blocked notification to show the reason why site was blocked
• Improved report design for better usability
• Added device name to My Account screen in preparation to sync with My Account portal
• Updated the API used to interact with Windows Action/Security Center
• Changed the 'Recover if missed by' setting for Scheduled Scans to be enabled by default for new scans
• Numerous other user interface and copy improvements
• Fixed issue where files did not save properly with anti-ransomware enabled
• Fixed issue where notifications could stack so you might see multiple versions of same message
• Fixed issue where Beta opt in setting would not honor Restore Defaults
• Updated the 7-Zip library to the latest version, v.18.01
• Improved upgrade process from earlier versions of Malwarebytes
• Continued improvements to driver operation and management
• Fixed several crashes, including a blue screen related to Web Protection
• Addressed other miscellaneous defects