CCleaner is a program that will scan your computer for temporary files or private browser information and deletes it from your computer. This allows you to keep your computer running efficiently, while protecting your sensitive information.
CCleaner performs has the following features:
- Internet Explorer - Deletes Temporary Internet files , history, cookies, autocomplete from history, and index.dat.
- Firefox - Deletes Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, and form history.
- Google Chrome - Deletes Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, and form history.
- Opera - Deletes Temporary files, history, and cookies.
- Safari - Deletes Temporary files, history, cookies, and form history.
- Windows - Deletes Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry Cleaner - Remove unused and old registry entries.
If you decide to use the Registry Cleaner portion of this program, please be sure to use a program like ERUNT to backup your Registry first. This way if a problems occurs you can always restore the backup.
Version 5.36 Changelog:
- Firefox: updated Session cleaning rule to support changes in Firefox 56.0
- Chrome (& Chromium): updated Internet History cleaning rule to clean user activity data
- Opera: updated Internet History cleaning rule to clean user activity data
Default Cleaning Rules
- Windows Explorer: Most Recently Used documents and other MRU files no longer cleaned by default
- Windows Defender: Scan history no longer cleaned by default
- Microsoft Office: MRUs no longer cleaned by default
- Edge, Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Thunderbird: Current session data no longer cleaned by default
- Added new executable: "CCUpdate.exe"
- Added new Windows Scheduled Task: "CCleaner Update"
Visitors who viewed this program also viewed