Savepath Deals is an adware program that is bundled with and installed by various free programs that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, not all programs make it apparent that other software will be installed with it and you may find that you have installed Savepath Deals without your knowledge. Once installed, this adware will display ads on search engine result pages, commercial web sites, and will also display a coupon box that drops down within your browser when visiting certain sites such as Amazon.com, Target.com, etc. This program will also change your browser search settings so that it uses kwiblesearch.com as the default search engine. Using this guide you will be able to easily and quickly remove all traces of the Savepath Deals adware from your computer and browser.
It is important to note that Savepath is not a computer infection that is installed through exploits or infections, but rather it is bundled along with free software that you download off the Internet. Therefore, it is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed and allow you to opt out of them. Furthermore, If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you cancel the install and not use the free software.
Self Help Guide
- This removal process may appear overwhelming due to the amount of the steps and the various programs used. Please do not be concerned as it is only written this way to give you clear and easy instructions so that anyone can use this guide. Before using this guide, you should print out these instructions and close any open programs and files as your web browser will need to be closed and your computer rebooted later in this fix.
- Before we do anything we first want to download Rkill in order to terminate any programs that may interfere with the removal process. Rkill will search your computer for active malware infections and attempt to terminate them so that they wont interfere with the removal process. To do this, please
download RKill to your desktop from the following link.
RKill Download Link - (Download page will open in a new tab or browser window.)
When at the download page, click on the Download Now button labeled iExplore.exe. When you are prompted where to save it, please save it on your desktop.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click on the iExplore.exe
icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with
and other malware. Please be patient while the program looks for various
malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will
automatically close and a log file will open. Please review the log file and then close so you can continue with the next step. If you have problems running RKill, you can download the other renamed versions
of RKill from the rkill
download page. All of the files are renamed copies of RKill, which you
can try instead. Please note that the download page will open in a new browser
window or tab.
Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again.
- When Rkill has finished, you now need to download Junkware Removal Tool, or JRT, and save it to your desktop. JRT will scan your computer for adware programs that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge. You can download JRT from the following URL:
- When JRT has finished downloading, please double-click on the JRT.exe icon that now appears on your desktop. Once you double-click on the icon Junkware Removal Tool will open and you will be presented with its start screen as shown below. If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run JRT, please allow it to run.
- Now press any key on your keyboard to continue with the cleaning process. The program will now start to search for known adware, PUPs, and junkware programs that may be installed on your computer. This process may take upwards to 20 minutes while it creates a registry backup and checks your startups, installed modules, processes, services, files, folders, and the Windows Registry.
- When it has finished it will display a notepad screen that contains a log file of all the adware programs, files, and registry keys that have been detected.
Please review this log file and then close the Notepad Window.
- At this point you should download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, or MBAM, to scan your computer for any any infections or adware that may be present. Please download Malwarebytes from the following
location and save it to your desktop:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (Download page will open in a new window)
- Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including
- Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup-bc.1878-18.104.22.1683.exe.
This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue
with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings
and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave Launch
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If MalwareBytes prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- MBAM will now start and you will be at the main screen as shown below.
Please click on the Scan Now button to start the scan. If there is an update available for Malwarebytes it will automatically download and install it before performing the scan.
- MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can
take quite a while, so we suggest you do something else and periodically
check on the status of the scan to see when it is finished.
- When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected. Please note that the infections found may be different
than what is shown in the image below due to the guide being updated for newer versions of MBAM.
You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the seleted malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
- You can now exit the MBAM program.
- As many malware and unwanted programs are installed through vulnerabilities found
in out-dated and insecure programs, it is strongly suggested that you use
Secunia PSI to scan for vulnerable programs on your computer. A tutorial on
how to use Secunia PSI to scan for vulnerable programs can be found here:
How to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs using Secunia Personal Software Inspector
Your computer should now be free of the Savepath program. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.