Live PC Care is a rogue anti-spyware program that is promoted through the use of fake online scanner sites and misleading advertisements. When this program is installed it will be configured to start automatically. The installer will also create numerous files on your computer that will then be detected as malware by Live PC Care when it scans your computer. The files that this rogue creates are:
This method of creating the files that will be detected by the same program is becoming more and more common with rogues. They do this to substantiate the existence of supposed malware files even on machines that are completely clean. Therefore, please do not believe any of the scan results presented by this program.
While Live PC Care is running you will also see a constant barrage of fake security alerts and warnings appear on your desktop. These warnings will state that a virus has been detected or that active malware is sending data on the Internet. Just like the scan results, these fake security alerts are just another method where the program is trying to trick you into thinking that you have a security problem.
Without a doubt, Live PC Care is a scam designed to trick you into purchasing the program to remove fake infections. It goes without saying that you should not purchase this program and if you already have, we suggest you contact your credit card company to dispute the charges. Finally, to remove this infection and any related malware, please use the removal guide below.
Self Help Guide
- Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that
is open later in the fix.
- At this point you should download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, or MBAM, to scan your computer for any any infections or adware that may be present. Please download Malwarebytes from the following
location and save it to your desktop:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (Download page will open in a new window)
- Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including
- Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe.
This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue
with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings
and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave Launch
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If MalwareBytes prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- MBAM will now start and you will be at the main screen as shown below.
Please click on the Scan Now button to start the scan. If there is an update available for Malwarebytes it will automatically download and install it before performing the scan.
- MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can
take quite a while, so we suggest you do something else and periodically
check on the status of the scan to see when it is finished.
- When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected. Please note that the infections found may be different
than what is shown in the image below due to the guide being updated for newer versions of MBAM.
You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
- You can now exit the MBAM program.
Your computer should now be free of the Live PC Care program. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.