Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Wont Start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christoopherkathryn

christoopherkathryn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:20 AM

Ok, Ive had this problem b4. I'm using my puter when I get the following error message: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR . It tells me to check for hardware / software updates or disable if they might be the cause. Tells me to disable BIOS Memory shadow / caching and work in safe mode. It then tells me the tech info is : *** stop: 0x0000007A (0xc07b9648, 0c000000E, 0xf72C9642, 0X1AA9A806)
*** ftdisk.sys - address F72C9642 Base at F72BF000
date stamp 3b7d8419
dump of physical memory

It says that all on one page then shuts down. On a personal notice those zeros could be Os as they were not struck thruogh. Ok so I boot it back up and get into the bios settings (not always possiable) and restore all to defaults save and exit. Goes back to boot screenand you cant get into safe mode w/f8. It boots to a black screen that says:
MediaShield ROM BIOS 6.33
Copyright © 2005 NVIDIA corp.
Detecting array...

Now it stay like this for hours. SHut it down by the front button.
Now sometimes if you unplug it and wait....sometimes longer them others...it will sometimes come back. Right now its not coming back, just booting to the same screen and then nothing.
AVG picked up a .dll change in the scan it was doing when shortly after that it crashed while I was watching intertube.

Any help on how it help it back or what to do if we can get it back would be great :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 18,987 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hi christoopherkathryn and welcome to bleeping computers.

Please provide us with the specs for your computer, make and model, amount of RAM, you operating system and service packs, and how old it is.

The MediaShield ROM BIOS 6.33 is referring to the BIOS for that motherboard, and I found the information below...

The CrashFree BIOS2 feature now includes the BIOS auto-recovery function in a support DVD. Users can reboot their system through the support DVD when a bootable disk is not available, and go through the simple BIOS auto-recovery process. ASUS motherboards now enable users to enjoy this protection feature without the need to pay for an optional ROM.

Is this a Asus motherboard? Do you have the users guide for this?

Would you please look in the event viewer and list the last three or four event codes, this can help narrow down the problem.

One thing you can do now is to remove and reinstall the RAM, make sure that it is properly seated, and be sure to discharge yourself to the metal side of the case before you handle any of the components.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816990
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

#4 christoopherkathryn

christoopherkathryn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a basicaly stock EMachines T3410. I added a second small hard drive (western digital 8.2 gig) and another stick of 512 ram. It only came w/the "restore" disk, not an actual copy of windows :thumbsup: Here are the specs from the web site:

Emachines specs.

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
CPU: AMD Sempron™ 3400+ Processor
(2GHz, 1600MHz system bus, 256KB L2 cache)
Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce™® 410
Memory: 512MB DDR (1 × 512MB) 400MHz (PC3200)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm, 2MB cache)
Optical Drive: 48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), smart media, compact flash, micro drive, memory stick, memory stick PRO, multimedia card, USB 2.0)
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100 GPU
up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available
Sound: 6-channel (5.1) AC'97 audio
Network: 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready fax/modem (RJ-11 port)
Peripherals: Standard multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back, 1 in media reader), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial port, 1 parallel port, 2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse), 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions: 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D
Weight: 22.5lbs

Following are the specifications for the FIC K8MC51G motherboard.

Feature Specification
# Form Factor uATX 4-layer
# Dimensions: 9.6 × 9.6 inches
CPU Support 754-pin CPU socket supports AMD Athlon™ 64 3000+ and up processors.
System Bus Support Up to 2000 Mhz
# Memory Support Two DDR DIMM slots
# DDR 333/400 dual channel
# Max Memory 2 GB
MCH (northbridge) C51G
ICH (southbridge) MCP51G
Firmware Hub/SPI 4 MB
Integrated LAN 10/100 MCP51 + Broadcom AC131 (PHY)
# Integrated Audio Interface: AC97
# Model: Realtek ALC 655
IEEE-1394a Controller VIA 6307L
Serial Input/Output (SIO) SMSC SCH5017
# Add-in Card Slots One PCI Express ×16 (graphics interface)
# One PCI Express ×1
# Two PCI conventional
# Rear panel I/O Ports Four USB 2.0
# Two PS/2 keyboard/mouse
# One parallel
# One serial
# One VGA monitor
# Three Analog audio jacks
# One RJ-45 LAN connector
# Internal Headers Two 2-port USB 2.0 headers (2 × 5)
# Front panel audio header (mic / headphone)
# Two IEEE-1394a front panel headers
# Front panel header (2 × 5 supports power LED, power switch, hard drive LED, and reset switch)
# Floppy disk drive connector
# Primary IDE connector
# Secondary IDE connector
# Two Serial ATA connectors
# Clear CMOS jumper
# Main Power Connector 24-pin
# Auxiliary 12V CPU power connector 4-pin
# CPU Fan; 3-pin, controlled
# 3-pin power fan connector
# 3-pin system fan connector

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:25 AM

Links to the STOP error: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7a http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms793989.aspx

It cites pagefile issues, usually as a result of drivers, firmware, or hardware. The second parameter of the error that you received is an uncommon one, so it may be difficult to troubleshoot. Have you added/deleted/removed/modified/changed anything on the system around the time that the messages started appearing?

The missing array message is of concern as it may relate to the ftdisk.sys error - which can point to your hard drives as the problem. I'd suggest first running a bootable hard drive test (usually available for free from the manufacturer of your hard drive).
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users